This month’s theme is proactive and a way to be more proactive is to choose mental toughness. According to a recent article in Success Magazine written by Emotional Intelligence expert Travis Bradberry, there are 15 qualities of mentally tough people.
Here are 5 of my favorites:
1. They are emotionally intelligent. They don’t allow emotions to cloud their judgement and productivity, and make their own weather.
2. They get enough sleep. This is so important and was the topic of my mindset article last month. 7-8 hours minimum required. Everything is impacted by sleep and especially memory, self-control, and decision making.
3. They exercise. People who exercise tend to feel more competent, confident, and are full of endorphins. 3-5 times a week does the trick. Find a workout you love and it won’t feel like work.
4. They are relentlessly positive. POSITIVITY is (#3 of my Clifton Strengths) a superpower and can help overcome a lot. Control what you can control and forget about the rest. Shut off that news channel—now.
5. They embrace failure. The road to success is full of mistakes and things that didn’t work. You learn and move forward with a new solution that you may not have considered before.
For the other 10 qualities, check out the rest of the article: